Delta 9 Laboratory is a California laboratory supporting the extraction and purification of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD) medicine from cannabis and hemp. Our staff includes PhD chemists, toxicologists, and engineers.
We offer a full line of “white labeling” services to assist growers, cultivars, and others to produce the high quality and high purity medicinal extracts.
- Natural hydrocarbon & carbon dioxide extraction
- Selective pesticide removal (work in progress)
- Large scale dewaxing and decarboxylation
- Short-path wiped film distillation (SPWED)
- Filling and packaging
Short-Path Wiped Film Distillation (SPWFD) System Advantages
- High purity (85-90%) distillate
- Little to no odor or smell (perfect for edibles)
- Little product degradation [due to short residence time (<10 seconds) and low temperature]
- Precise temperature control (+/- 0.1 deg. C)
- Interruptible vacuum
The percentage of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD) in the distillate depends on the strain, quality, and age of the starting material. Starting materials are typically extracts from natural hydrocarbon (“BHO”) or super critical carbon dioxide extraction. After extraction, the raw oil is typically winterized to remove fats and lipids and other impurities, and then decarboxylated to release carbon dioxide. Once this is done, the oil is ready for purification in the SPWED. More details here
Brands & Clients